1. My husband got here a day later than planned, but he got to spend his birthday here and that was good. He missed his connection to Phoenix because of mechanical problems with the plane so we picked him up at the airport on Saturday morning instead of Friday evening.
2. I wrote a "farewell" post a few days ago because I was having a really, terrible, awful eye day. I decided to hold off a day or two on publishing it, and changed my mind for the time being. I don't want to quit, and I'd really like to get to 600 published posts before I finally decide one way or the other. This will put me at number 586.
3. I purchased the text reader software, and it definitely helps me in keeping up with my favorite blogs. I wish it helped with doing ledger sheets and expenses for our business. Sigh.
4. I met the Weight Watcher lady who lives here and goes to the Tuesday morning WW meeting in Casa Grande. We met for lunch at a local cafe and talked for over an hour. She is really easy to talk to and we hit it off immediately. The next morning, I drove to her house, parked my car and rode to the meeting with her. Oh yes, she is a cute little white haired lady and she drives a candy apple red Charger. Very cool.
5. I have an NSV that some will consider to be too much information. I went down a size in underwear. Yep, I'm actually quite please about that. :)
6. I have another accomplishment that has nothing to do with weight loss or maintenance. Although I've been doing Sudoku puzzles for over ten years, I never advanced from the easy puzzles. The medium level puzzles would just frustrate me because of the time it would take me to solve them or I would resort to looking at the answers and filling in a line of numbers to help me solve the puzzle.
I ordered 32 puzzle books for a bargain price, and most of them have easy, medium and hard puzzles in them. Even when paying $.70 per puzzle book instead of $3.99, I kind of hated to only do 90 easy puzzles out of a book that had 264 altogether. I started working on doing those medium puzzles and I can now complete about 85% of the medium puzzles without having to resort to looking at the answers. It takes me a little longer than the easy ones, but not so long that I get discouraged. Of course, I'm hoping that working all these puzzles is helping me stay more mentally alert. We'll see.
7. I purchased my first fresh cranberries of the season yesterday. I love cranberries, and this morning I made baked oatmeal with them. I had my oven going for quite a while as I baked the oatmeal and some of the gluten free chocolate chip cookies at the same time. No cookies for me, but my daughter will be happy to have them for snacks. After I took out the oatmeal and cookies, I baked some sweet potatoes.
8. We have not had a 100 degree day for two weeks now and this morning the water coming out of the faucet was quite cool. I'm cautiously optimistic that fall has indeed arrived and we are beginning our really nice weather.
9. Yoga was quite challenging this week, but the class was still fun. We first did Happy Baby pose which made me smile and was really easy to do. You can see lots of pictures on Google images of all kinds of yoga poses. Later we went to Crow pose which I'm almost positive I could not have done even 20 years ago and will not attempt now. I have to admit I'm totally impressed with anyone who can do that pose though.
10. I moved from the gym to another Silver Sneakers class that was closer to my house. Now I'm told they are going to move again and it is further from my house. I'll probably end up going back to the gym for all my classes. I like to keep things simple.